As the temperatures begin to rise and the days get longer, it’s time to start cleaning up around your home. Here are some tips from Action Pest Control to prepare your property against insects and rodents.
- Rake all the beds removing old mulch, debris, branches and leaves. Replace with fresh mulch.
- If you have a wood pile next to your home for the winter, move it away from the premises.
- Inspect around your home’s foundation for cracks and repair as needed.
- Check your doors and windows. You may need to touch up the caulk. Repair any damaged screens or take them to the nearest hardware store to have them fixed. The repairs are simple and inexpensive.
- If you have a door mat, make sure it is in good condition. Some can rot and break apart, or hold dampness for insects to infest.
- Take a look at your gutters and downspouts. You may find some leaves and branches that will prevent water from rushing through properly and will attract insects.
You get the idea. Insects love dark, moist places to live, like rotted wood and wet leaves. And, no matter how tiny the opening, rodents can invade your home and garage. While you are performing your outdoor maintenance, make sure to check your kitchen for crumbs in cabinets that will attract unwanted visitors. Sweep under the refrigerator as well.
While you can do your part to get your home ready for the warm weather months, you may need a little extra help from Action Pest Control. We can assess your property for risks and discuss treatment options to not only rid your home of insects and rodents but to prevent them from ever moving in. Talk to Action Pest about recurring visits to keep you and your family pest free this season.